Robert M. Arlen
- May 25, 1973 – Bachelor of Arts degree from Vanderbilt University – Magna Cum Laude- Phi Beta Kappa
- May 21, 1976 – Juris Doctor degree from the University of Colorado School of Law
- January 20, 1980 – Masters of Law in Estate Planning from the University of Miami
- Member of the Florida Bar since November 19, 1976
- Florida CPA since August 18, 1981
- Admitted to practice before:
- April 7, 1978 – United States Tax Court
- June 28, 1978 – United States District Court The Southern District of Florida (Non-Trial Bar)
- June 1, 1987 – Florida Bar Board Certification in Taxation
- 1977-1980 – Employee of MacLean and Amato
- 1980-1989 – Robert M. Arlen, P.A. was a corporate partner in MacLean, Amato & Arlen which later became MacLean, Amato, Arlen & Anderson, then MacLean & Arlen, later MacLean, Arlen and Ema.
- 1990-2002 – Robert M. Arlen, a Florida Professional Association Of counsel to Amato, Anderson Nickel & Webber of Naples-Fort Meyers, Florida and MacLean and Ema of Pompano Beach, Florida.
- 2002-2015 – Robert M. Arlen, a Florida Professional Association.
- Of Counsel to MacLean and Ema of Pompano Beach, Florida.
- 2015-Present Robert M. Arlen, ESQ partner of
- Bankier, Arlen & Snelling Law Group, PLLC, of Delray Beach, Florida
- Florida Bar Trust Law Committee- Responsibilities include review and drafting of proposed legislation and participation of a speaker and writer in continuing education programs.
- Florida Bar Associations
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Institute of CPA’s
- American Institute of CPA’s
- Boca Raton Tax Institute- President 2007/2008
Approximate Practice Breakdown
- Estate Planning and Administration: 80%
- Individual and Corporate Tax Matters: 10%
- Representation before IRS and tax litigation: 10%
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating- AV (highest)
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Mr. Arlen has written and spoken for the Florida Bar Association and other professional groups
- He is the present moderator of the Greater Delray Beach Estate Planning Round Table
- Author of the following articles and continuing legal education presentations:
- Co-Grantor Trusts
- Homestead Quagmire or Quicksand
- Personal Residence Interest Trust
- Trust Drafting for Real Estate
- Tax Contribution and Apportionment Made Easier
- Revocable Living Trusts in Florida
- Basic Estate Planning Terms and Techniques
- The Problems with Joint Property
- Incapacity Threatens Investments
- Transfer of Real Property to and From Trustees.
- Title Problems and Issues, Chapter 14 of the Administration of Trusts in Florida,
- Founder and Moderator of the Greater Delray Estate Planning Roundtable
- A Practical Approach to Drafting Joint Trusts
- Title Issues Involving Trusts and Trustees-Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund Assembly
- A Real Estate Lawyer’s Guide to the New Florida Trust Code- Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund Assembly